Head of Strategic Business Development / Commercial Director
Purpose of the Role: Build and lead a Strategic Business Development team to support the growth the business
Overview: CustomerMinds is looking for an experienced commercial leader to head up its Strategic Business Development activities. This role will be reporting directly to the CEO and will entail a combination of Direct Client engagement and the development of a new Partnership Programme within the business.
If you have a love of building rapport with new, current, or prospective clients/partners and like the idea of delivering value via CustomerMinds platform/services we would love to hear from you. As a person you will enjoy and thrive in achieving strategic business objectives and delivering revenue targets while building and managing fantastic relationships with partners and clients.
- Evangelize CustomerMinds platform and services: identify leads, create a pipeline for outreach, conduct exploratory conversations to share the value of CustomerMinds/Which50 solutions.
- Prospect and connect with new, potential clients/partners over the phone, through email, and in person (post-pandemic).
- Manage a book of business: maintain and grow successful partnerships with clients/partners. Identify new revenue opportunities.
- Ensure client satisfaction, knowledge share and pilot new marketing opportunities.
- Meet and exceed monthly performance goals tied to partner touchpoints and revenue generation.
- Participate in QBR process to define accomplishments, improvements, and strategy.
- Support partners as an industry/solutions expert/thought leader. To be successful in this role one must become an expert on customer communications and journeys, and how they can help clients to solve their customer/business challenges.
- Contribute to Senior Management and Board level discussions as both a strong teammate and individual who has excellent communication skills, grit, and ambition.
- Minimum 5-10 years experience working with onboarding partners, creating pipeline, “hunting” for opportunities and closing.
- A solid outbound Business Development B2B background.
- Demonstrated ability to cold call prospects and be comfortable talking on calls, being curious, owning your work and executing all phases of onboarding and growing partnerships.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to balance large and small tasks in unison. Flexible to work in an evolving and changing business.
Why work for us:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Great company culture
- Flexible hybrid working
- We value respect and support our employees
- Career development, training and opportunities
Salary & Benefits: